The greatest salesperson could exist out there, but you may never hear of them.
Maybe in 1960, this salesperson was born.
By 1980, they had the best people skills that anyone had ever seen the likes of. They were closing sales left and right. They knew all their clients’ names off the top of their head. Every pitch landed in a sale, right then and there.
By 2000, though, this salesperson stopped standing out.
Because today’s salespeople need more than people skills to succeed. They need sales training courses to keep up with the ever-emerging marketplace trends and new customer influxes.
When you want your team to learn sales, it is more than a quick approach. It is a matter of customizing a sales training course, and sales training software, to make sense for your business and your team.
Today, we are going to walk you through the top online sales training programs of 2022.
Are There Any FREE Sales Training Courses Online?
Sure. There are some free sales training courses. In fact, it is a lot easier to find free online sales training than it is to find sales training courses in person.
So sure. There are free sales training courses out there.
When you type in “sales training near me” into your search engine, some of it may even boast that it is free.
And you may not have to pay much, if anything, for these sales programs. But that’s just the thing; you get what you pay for.
Training for sales is crucial. It is an investment. The best sales training companies may charge a fee to get started, but a lot of them are worth it. And we will get into that below.
Are Sales Training Courses Worth Their Cost?
Like we mentioned above, sales training courses can be worth their cost. But that depends on several factors.
First, you need to consider what you need, and what you expect, from sales training courses. In what areas can your team improve? Where do they need extra help, or where have they told you they are struggling? Think about both your reps, your leads, your managers, and all other relevant team members.
Also, consider your budget. What cost will be “worth it” to drive revenue for your company?
And that is an important thing to remember too: sales training courses are there for your benefit.
There are some great professional sales training programs that are free or affordable, which we go over right below.
The last thing to think about when you are debating what the best pricing is for your sales training courses is what the program focuses on.
There are SaaS sales training programs and B2B sales training programs. There are also sales training courses for beginners that you can opt for when you have a lot of fresh faces on your sales team.
Top Sales Training Courses Available Online
Now, it’s time to go over each of our favorite online sales training courses.
We have 10 below that we went through to find the best programs you can use for 2022.
Where applicable, we will go over:
- An overview of what the course covers
- Length of the course
- Credibility of the company that offers the course (like with reviews or instructor bios)
- And any other relevant information
1. 21st Century Sales Training for Elite Performance – Brian Tracy
“Double your sales in 35 weeks or less by following this simple system!”
That is the message you see as soon as you click on the link above that takes you to this sales training program.
This course is a great example of field-tested training, with the following modules to teach you important lessons throughout the course:
- Prospecting Funnel – Teaches you how to bring highly qualified leads into your sales pipeline.
- Rapport Builder – Trust-building with your prospects to get on their “good side” within mere minutes.
- Problem Radar – Identifying your prospects’ pain points and tailoring your products or services to achieve their specific goals.
- Sales Theater – Engaging your audience through the right product presentations, even if your competitors offer a lower-priced product or service.
- Handling Objections – Getting rid of any objections your prospects have by facing them head-on. You also can address price problems here.
- Closing the Sale – Using the right approach to push your prospect into a sale without actual “pushiness.” And doing so sets the stage so your customer comes back again and again.
- Repeat Business – Focusing on customer retention and the potential for referrals in the future.
There are also bonus modules with Brian Tracy’s course here.
Altogether, there are 24 training modules that you will receive over a 12-week period. Tracy designed this course so you can spend one hour a week on the lessons.
As of right now, the training costs $997.
Almost all the reviews are five-star ratings, with a few four-star ratings as well.
2. Customer Service Mastery: Delight Every Customer – Udemy
A lot of business owners and sales managers look for Udemy courses on sale due to how popular Udemy is as a training company.
This one is among their best sales training courses for beginners (and pretty much everyone else in sales), and it covers:
- 30 unique ways to delight your customers
- Customer service savvy without any prior experience
- How to motivate your sales team members
- Using missed opportunities to please your customers
- Turning customers into “fans” with retention efforts
- Upselling and referral processes
- Simple, non-technical jargon with practical application instead
This course has four sections, 39 lectures and comes to a total time of around 2.25 hours.
Chris Croft is the instructor here, having trained over 87 thousand salespeople throughout his career.
It usually costs around $100, but you often find this one on sale.
3. The Selling System™ – Selling Revolution
Selling Revolution is unique in that we help you to customize your sales training courses. This way, you do not have to worry about finding generic sales training and somehow just make it work.
The Selling System™ we help you to create covers a lot, not just sales training that will go in one ear and out the other for your reps and managers.
Here are some of the things we help you with as we build together:
- Either customizing the best sales training you have ever found, or teach you The Options Review™ sales process.
- Teaching your managers how to deliver training that will last.
- Building a training schedule that flows naturally with the way the brain works.
- Strategy modification.
- Top talent recruitment and retention.
- Writing scripts for call campaigns.
- Disciplining appropriately when your sales team loses motivation.
- And a lot more.
Book a call with us to learn more.
4. RAIN Selling: Foundations of Consultative Selling – RAIN Group
RAIN Group uses a sales-conversation-based approach to deliver this training course.
It has more than 70 portable modules here, with the option to customize your sales training courses.
Here is some of what those modules include:
- An introduction to consultative selling
- Impact and ROI
- Telling mini-stories to sell
- Sales qualification
- Collaboration techniques
- Creating a value proposition positioning statement
- Overcoming objections
- And more
5. B2B Sales Training – Sales Accelerator
Anthony Iannorino is the coach and trainer for Sales Accelerator with this course. He is a nationally bestselling author with plenty of testimonials to vouch for this training.
Sales Accelerator has more than 30 hours of lessons, workbooks, and quizzes here, valuing the “transformational” over the “transactional.”
Here are some of the touchpoints of this course for salespeople:
- Skillset Fundamentals
- Above the Funnel
- And a lot more, all the way down to sales manager modules and bonus modules
6. Social Selling Success Online – Sandler
Sandler is another popular name among the sales training community.
This course costs $97 for a relationship-based approach to social selling.
It includes the following:
- Video coaching (on things like social prospecting, best practices, and building the foundation)
- Worksheets (on things like building an ideal buyer persona, pre-call planning, and taking action)
- And access to Sandler’s online private forum community
7. The Art of Sales – Coursera
Coursera offers financial aid for those who need it with The Art of Sales training.
A lot of the testimonials for this one say that they feel more confident selling after going through the course material. Plus, you can enroll for free.
Here are the four courses in The Art of Sales:
- Customer Segmentation and Prospecting
- Connecting with Sales Prospects
- Sales Pitch and Closing
- Building a Toolkit for Your Sales Process
This course takes place over the course of around six months.
8. Inbound Sales Course – Hubspot
Hubspot has built their credibility for many years now, and they are not stopping anytime soon.
Their Inbound Sales Certification Course is a solid option for those in inbound sales.
This one is free, too, which is a nice bonus. And their certification is for both reps and sales managers. It lasts a little over two hours, with five lessons, five quizzes, and 22 videos.
Here are the lessons it covers:
- Inbound Sales Fundamentals
- Prioritizing Active Buyers Over Passive Buyers
- Earning the Attention of Today’s Empowered Buyer
- Understanding the Buyer’s Context
- Delivering Personalized Sales Presentations
9. Driving to Close 2.0 – JB Sales
While there is not a lot of immediate information available for Driving to Close 2.0, this one deserves a spot.
John Barrows leads this video-heavy course. And this is some of what it has to offer:
- Quality improvement for the interactions and executions throughout your sales process
- Actionable techniques
- Instilling a sense of urgency in your team
- Objection handling
- Sales closing techniques
10. Comprehensive Selling Skills – SRG
Sales Readiness Group (SRG) is a popular choice for Fortune 500 companies that need to revamp their sales training.
One-year access for individuals costs $595, and you have to contact SRG to go up from there.
There are six modules, with access to the following when you enroll:
- A holistic training system
- Mini training videos
- A 24/7 eLearning platform
- Email support
And here are the modules:
- Planning the call
- Developing needs
- Presenting solution
- Managing feedback
- Gaining commitment
Are You Ready for the Best Sales Training?
We hope so. Because here at Selling Revolution, we are ready for you.
Our expert team has decades of combined experience, across tons of countries and multiple continents.
That’s why we can help you to get better leads, sales training courses, a higher conversion rate and better top talent recruitment (and retention).
You can take a look at our blog and featured media pages to get more tips on how to succeed and grow your business.
But the real magic is waiting just below…
Book a call with Selling Revolution today to get started.