The world as we know it is changing fast: new technology is expanding and current events are shifting the economy. It has greatly transformed how we advertise today.
The Covid-19 pandemic has had a huge effect on how businesses are advertising, especially HVAC companies. Because of the pandemic, people are staying indoors more, so creating HVAC ads that resonate with customers is going to be more difficult than ever for HVAC companies.
Since most people are now spending more time indoors, they are using their phones and laptops more to find information about HVAC companies.
Therefore, to make it easier for potential customers to find your website, HVAC companies need to adapt to a whole new way of advertising.
Welcome to 2022! It’s time to level up.
What are the Trends in HVAC Advertising Today?
There have been many new advertising trends that have become popular recently. If you want to remain a relevant competitor in your industry, it is important to be in tune with the new ways people are consuming advertisements. Otherwise, you’ll fall behind.
Here are some new and effective HVAC advertising trends to start implementing:
- Video ads are getting shorter and shorterThis is largely due to the increase in mobile phone use. People are now used to watching quick, snackable videos. So, if you want to advertise your HVAC business, you’ll need to create short, snappy videos that capture people’s attention.
- Ads are becoming soundlessNoone likes opening up a webpage to hear an ad that we can’t see blasting at full volume. Hence why soundless ads are becoming more and more popular. They’re less intrusive and people can consume them at their leisure.
- AI advertising is bigger than everAI advertising can target people based on their interests and past behaviors, which means that ads are more likely to be seen by the right people.
- Amazon is the reigning king of e-commerceAmazon is the world’s largest e-commerce company and it’s only going to get bigger. With over 250 million active users, it’s a goldmine for advertisers.
How Are HVAC Companies Improving Sales?
These new methods of advertising have begun to win the hearts of customers regardless of what market they reside and HVAC companies are paying close attention.
So how are HVAC companies using these trends to improve their sales?
HVAC companies have started to use digital marketing tools such as website design, SEO, social media advertising and PPC.
In some cases, HVAC companies are also using traditional methods such as radio and TV advertising, billboards and door hangers.
Using both traditional and digital marketing is a winning combination because this way, you are getting the most brand recognition possible, which elicits more leads and more sales.
Could your sales use a major boost?
At Selling Revolution, we help HVAC companies—big and small—come up with great HVAC marketing and advertising ideas. Whether it’s coming up with a seamless marketing strategy, making creative HVAC ads or improving lead generation, we’re here to help.
7 Proven Ways To Level Up Your HVAC Advertising
Now that you are aware of 2022’s advertising trends and how HVAC companies are increasing their sales in today’s market, let’s dive deeper into the best-proven ways to level up your HVAC advertising.
1. Consistent Brand Message
As a brand, it is vital to have consistency with everything you showcase to your customers. The most important element regarding this is your brand message. When done correctly, it really levels up your advertising.
To ensure your brand message is consistent, you need to:
- Make sure your logo is professional and accurately represents what you do as a business.
- Be consistent with the language you use in all of your marketing materials, from website copy to social media posts, to print ads.
- Maintain a unified voice across all customer-facing channels, from phone support to online chat.
- Use the same color palette and fonts in all your branding visuals.
- Keep your messaging on-brand across all media platforms, including digital, radio and television advertising.
2. Contrasting Background Colors – ex. Billboards
If you really want to make your ads pop, be sure to have contrasting background colors. This will help them stand out and grab the attention of your target audience.
One of the most effective ways to do this is with billboards. A billboard that has a bright, contrasting background will be sure to grab the attention of drivers as they pass by.
Another great way to use contrasting backgrounds in your advertising is through digital signage. This type of advertising can be used in a variety of settings, such as stores, restaurants and even airports. By using a colorful background behind your ad, you can be sure to catch the attention of your target audience.
3. The Idea of Family Ties
The usage of family in advertising is one of the most effective ways to resonate with your customers. McDonald’s is an example, calling itself the “McDonald’s Family Restuarant.”
With HVAC companies, it is no different. HVAC companies across the U.S. are known to pride themselves on being your neighborhood-friendly family business, and for good reason: because it works.
When you incorporate the idea of family ties, your advertising can become more personable and relatable to the average person. People want to feel like they are a part of something, and by using images of family in your advertising, you can tap into that human emotion.
4. Cool Colors of Blue Design
Believe it or not, there is a psychology of color in advertising. Certain colors make consumers feel a certain way, and it’s up to you to figure out which colors effectively communicate your brand message and attract your target audience best.
Luckily, we’ve figured it out for you. HVAC advertisements do best with the color blue. Blue is a color that instills a sense of trust, security, success, calmness and loyalty.
So, it’s no wonder that it’s often used in financial institutions snd healthcare advertising, both industries in which trust is key — and the same goes for the HVAC industry.
You can use blue in your company logo, website, print ads, brochures, vehicle wraps and more. And don’t be afraid to mix in other colors, too — just make sure blue is the predominant color.
5. Clear but Short Slogan
Coming up with a gripping slogan can be one of the hardest tasks for any company. But for HVAC companies, it’s essential. A good slogan can make or break an advertising campaign.
To create a slogan that engages your target audience, be sure to keep these things in mind:
- Keep it short: The best slogans are catchy and to the point. You want your audience to remember it, so keep it short and sweet.
- Be clear: Your slogan should be easy to understand, without being too wordy.
- Make it relevant: The slogan should reflect what your company stands for and what its goals are.
- Use keywords: When crafting your slogan, use keywords that are relevant to your business. This will help make your advertisement more visible online.
For inspiration, we’ve also provided some examples from some of the best in the Biz:
- “Reliable, Affordable, Secure” – DuPont
- “Keeping You Comfortable Since 1902” – Lennox
- “A Tradition of Excellence” – Trane
6. Humor in Ads
Everyone loves a good laugh, and more likely than not, it sells. That’s why you see HVAC companies using humor in their advertising. It can be a risky move, but when it pays off, it really pays off.
To get your customers chuckling at your ad, you first need to know what they find funny. For the most part, people enjoy ads that poke fun at themselves or make light of common predicaments. So, if you can tap into those themes with your HVAC advertising, you’re on the right track.
Take a look at this example from American Standard. It plays off of the fact that many homeowners dread the annual furnace inspection. The ad features a guy who’s been ducking his inspector for years, but he finally gets caught. The punchline is “Don’t let this happen to you. Get an American Standard furnace. They never need inspections.”
It’s a funny take on a common problem, and it also highlights one of the key benefits of American Standard equipment — its durability.
Humor is a great way to create a connection with your audience and break the ice. It can help you establish trust and make people more likely to remember your brand. And when it comes to HVAC advertising, it can be a great way to show off your sense of humor and set yourself apart from the competition.
7. Unique But Not Complicated
For your HVAC contractor marketing and advertising, it’s important to stand out. These days, people are inundated with advertisements and the HVAC industry is getting increasingly more competitive.
A great way to make your brand known is by creating unique ads that haven’t been done before. However, they don’t have to be complicated. You can still showcase your services, but add a little twist to make it more original.
For example, a light and witty tone of voice can keep people more engaged. You could also focus on the benefits of working with your company as opposed to just listing the services you offer. This is especially important because people are more likely to be swayed by what they stand to gain rather than what they might lose.
Ultimately, it’s important that your HVAC advertising reflects who you are as a business. Be creative, and have fun with it! People will appreciate the effort, and it could help set you apart from the competition.
Ready to Level Up Your HVAC Advertising?
It’s 2022 and the HVAC industry is doing better than ever in this new digital era.
The HVAC Services Market was at a value of $57.8 billion in 2020 and is predicted to reach $82.5 billion through 2026. This means the industry will grow at a whopping 6.1 percent from 2021 to 2026.
That is why as an HVAC business owner, it is so important to adapt to the HVAC company digital strategies that we’ve laid out for you.
But we get it, it’s easier said than done, but we’re here to help guide you through the whole process.
At Selling Revolution, we are a Management-Level Service that helps HVAC companies build better performance, operations, sales, marketing and advertising strategies through a custom-tailored solution made just for you.
Book a call with us today to not just start an evolution, but a revolution of your business.